- Administrative control of attached wings.
- Implement decisions of the Federal. Provincial Government.
- Supervise the Federal/ Provincial projects.
- Develops and implements policies of the Government.
Directorate of Archives
The Department comprises the following:
- Acquisition/ collection of important archival, cultural and educational resources from various department and district headquarters.
- Management and reservation of Archival record of the Government.
- Preserved and managed record is offered for research, administration and planning purpose.
- Acquisition and preservation of private collections of historical importance, such as important tribal families papers.
- Acquisition and preservation of oral archives, i.e. collection of sound recording of speeches, interviews of eminent provincial leader.
- Microfilming of sensitive records of Government and other private records of national importance.
- Acquisition and maintenance of Government printed material/ publication, newspapers and periodicals.
- To collect, acquire, excavate of archeological and historical relics.
- To preserve, exhibit, interpret and project the cultural heritage of the province.
Idara-e-Saqafat/ Art Council
- To promote cultural activities in the province.
- To highlight Balochistan’s district cultural heritage by arranging exhibition, dances, music and folksongs.
- To train in folk arts, fine arts, and calligraphy.
- To setup Balochistan’s pavilion on the occasion like Lok Mela at Islamabad and provincial float 23rd March, Day parade.
- To conduct national and foreign cultural troupes during their visits to balochistan.
- To organize stage dramas, and musical shows.
- Promotes and develop tourism in Balochistan.
- Develops tourism related projects.
- Develops tourism facilities such as Hotels, Rest Houses and Restaurants.
- To set up tourist information centers to provide relevant in formation.
- Maintains/ Preserves Books.
- Maintains a hall of study.
- Keeps useful books for students.
- To facilitate readers/ researcher/ students by providing books, magazine, newspapers and reading materials with a view to promoting the culture of knowledge.
- To exhibit books on special occasions.